Monday, March 26, 2012

Atsuko Maeda Announces Graduation from AKB48


Atsuko Maeda Announces Graduation from AKB48 
Atsuko Maeda, probably the most famous face amongst AKB48 members, have announced her graduation tonight, Mar 25th.
On the final night of AKB48's "Gyoumu Renraku. Tanomu zo, Katayama-buchou!" concert in Saitama Super Arena, the girls got emotional when Atsuko Maeda, or more popularly known as Acchan, announced her graduation. No definite date has been announced.
Here is a rough translation of Atsuko's speech: (Translated by MelosMichi)
I am a first-generation member and have been here since I was 14. This was my life. It was a big decision. And I will make a second important decision. I am going to graduate.
I have caused some troubles because of my mood swings, but thanks for everyone's help, I am here today. To perform in Tokyo Dome was a dream since I was 14.
Now this dream has come true, at 20 years of age, I have to work hard towards my next dream.
I have worked hard for the past 6-1/2 years. I have to move onto my next dream at the age of 20. I am anxious and worried because I don't know what will happen. But for the kouhai, I have to take the first step towards this. The details haven’t been decided yet. When it’s been decided, I’ll convey it to everyone. Thank you very much.”
Lastly, Atsuko added that she's still an AKB48 member and she hopes to make more wonderful memories with everyone. All the while, fans inside the arena are chanting "Acchan!" as the concert ended.

from: jpopasia.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment